Boro Repair Kit is designed to encourage you to extend the usage of your wearables instead of discarding them at first sight of wear and tear, you’re able to use scrap fabrics and threads from your stash and add your own story to your garments and turning them into unique art pieces.
- 5 pieces of randomly chosen hand dyed fabrics – linen/linen-rayon, hand woven cotton
- An occasional Ikat fabric or two (Ikat is a dyeing technique originating from Indonesia used to create patterns in fabric by tie-dying the yarn before weaving)
- One Sashiko needle (Sashiko needle is at least 50mm long, thicker, sharper, and stronger than other types of sewing needles)
- White Sashiko embroidery thread
- Embroidery floss in contrast color
- One wooden bobbin to hold your threads
- Pins to hold your project in place
- Easy to follow instructions on how to repair your jeans
ABOUT THE MAKER:
Adroit is a small line off wearables hand-sewn using hand dyed and hand-woven Ikat textiles in California using locally sourced textiles and fibers handcrafted in small batches, making one piece at a time. The focus is to create ethical and sustainable products by using natural fibers and natural dyes. I believe in making garments that are timeless yet comfortable, something that you would reach for again and again, I incorporate basic geometric shapes and fluid abstract designs. I follow my intuition while creating and believe that each piece tells you a story. My line of DIY kits are fun to work with and it’s a great way of learning a new craft and an insight to my creative process.